Some commenters were a little outraged at my review of the Kyosho Zeal vibration absorption sheet. Maybe I shouldn't make editorial decisions at 2 AM. I really do think this is a cool product, but did I seriously recommend that you spend $65 on a battery pad?
No. Of course not. This product was an only-slightly-overpriced $13 when I bought it. After I recommended it, it sold out, and the only seller remaining was a third-party seller with a ridiculous price.
A lot of people commented on the Kyosho video with their own suggestions for better or cheaper products. Here's a list of some of them.
Amzn.to links below are affiliate links, and I will receive compensation if you use them. For more information please see our Affiliate Link Policy page.
- Here's a 3mm version of the Kyosho gel, specifically aimed at multirotors. It's currently sold out so I don't know the price, but presumably it's cheaper than the 5mm stuff I used. 3mm should still be fine for a battery pad. http://amzn.to/2toNOAB
- Gel Dashboard Pads, $6 - http://amzn.to/2uAAvwc
- ReadyMadeRC has a nearly identical product to the Kyosho gel. The RMRC version looks to be a little thinner, which should be lighter. $4 - https://goo.gl/VAjpCW
- Hobbyking vibration absorption sheet looks to be identical to the Kyosho gel, and significantly cheaper. If I were super concerned about vibration isolation, I would probably spend more for the Kyosho, but since that's not really the purpose, maybe the HK one is okay. For $2, it's worth a shot, as long as you're ordering something else to help justify the shipping. https://goo.gl/ZyBgcw
- Non-slip furniture pads - $11 - http://amzn.to/2uxfHGi